Download articles as PDF files or print them directly from the browser.
Note: PHP 8 is not officially supported yet. Support will only come with an upcoming version.
- You must have WoltLab Suite™ Core 5.2, 5.3 or 5.4 installed.
You can configure this plugin in the ACP under Configuration ⇒ CMS ⇒ Articles ⇒ Articles to PDF Files. You can specify whether the article teaser, the article image, the article date, "About the author", a header and a footer should be included in PDF files. An individual footer text can also be defined.
It's also possible to restrict the functionality of this plugin. When you create or edit an article, you can specify for the article whether it can be downloaded or printed. Via the user group permissions (General Permisions ⇒ CMS ⇒ Articles) you can control who can download and print articles.
Notes on this plugin
- Pressing the print button calls up the browser's print function.
- Therefore the appearance of the page views in the browser, the PDF files and the printouts differ.
- To display images in PDF files, the PHP option allow_open_furl must be enabled.
- If an error occurs with the message open_basedir restriction in effect, make sure that all media elements on the page are embedded using the absolute URL.
This might also interest you...