BitPay is a payment service provider specialized in cryptocurrencies, which has processed more than USD 2.8 billion since 2011. Thousands of companies already trust BitPay, including Microsoft, airBaltic and Newegg.com.
Which cryptocurrencies and stablecoins are currently supported by this plugin?
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ripple (XRP)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Gemini Dollar (GUSD)
- Paxos Standard (PAX)
Other cryptocurrencies and stablecoins not listed here are currently not supported.
How can I start receiving payments?
You must first register at BitPay and then follow the instructions. We recommend that you go through this process first and only after that purchase this plugin.
Notes on this plugin
- This is the first published version of the plugin. The functionality is basically tested and guaranteed. However, we cannot guarantee that it is completely bug-free. Of course reported bugs will be fixed immediately.
- If you have installed and use the payment method "SEPA Direct Debit" (package name: "VieCode Shop: SEPA Lastschrift Zahlungsanbindung", package identifier: "com.viecode.shop.payment.sepa"), a fatal error can occur in combination with this plugin as soon as a customer completes a payment or visits the page for listing his orders. This bug was fixed by VieCode with the release of VieCode Shop 7.2.5.
- Recurring payments, as is the case with credit cards with automatic debiting, are not supported due to the nature of cryptocurrencies. Of course, recurring payments, where the customer manually triggers a new payment process, are still possible.
- Depending on the transaction speed configuration that you can set in your BitPay account settings, the verification of a payment can take several minutes or hours. This delay is not due to the plugin, but serves the security of transactions.
- You must have an activated BitPay account.
- You must have at least WoltLab Suite™ Core 3.1.0 installed.
- You must have at least VieCode Shop 7.2.0 installed.
- For PHP, OpenSSL must be available on your web server. This should normally already be the case. However, if you want to be sure, you can upload the linked script to your web server and call it in your browser.
Installation and initial setup
You can install this plugin as normal and configure it in the same way as the payment connection settings of other VieCode plugins. When you set it up for the first time, it is recommended that you set the shop to test mode and put your BitPay Test API Key as well as enable the test mode for BitPay in the options for this plugin. Now try to place an order in your shop and pay it using a cryptocurrency or stablecoin. Wait a few minutes and then check that the order status has been updated correctly. If this is the case, you can put your BitPay Live API Key, disable the test mode for BitPay in the plugin options and return the shop to production mode.
This might also interest you...
Integrate the European payment service provider Mollie into your VieCode Shop to offer your customers proven payment methods such as paysafecard, PayPal, Credit Card, Apple Pay, SEPA Bank Transfer and many other popular payment methods from a single source!
VieCode Shop (Customer Area): "Create Customer Account" Form EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE HERE!
Integrate a "Create Customer Account" form in your VieCode Shop Customer Area. This enables new customers to enter their customer data before placing their first order. This is particularly useful for commissioned work with individual invoicing.