Mollie is the European alternative to American payment service providers such as Stripe, and enables payment with traditional payment methods as well as many local European payment methods. More than 80,000 companies and organisations already trust Mollie, including Acer, Dyson, Deliveroo and UNICEF.
Which payment methods are currently supported by this plugin?
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express)
- Apple Pay (requires the activated payment method "Credit Card", which must not be activated in the shop though)
- SEPA Bank Transfer
- Sofort (by Klarna)
- ING Home’Pay
Other payment methods not listed here are currently not supported.
How can I start accepting payments?
The process from registration to receiving the first payment is very straightforward at Mollie and is usually passed quickly. You must first register at Mollie and then follow the instructions. Once you have filled out the web forms and uploaded the required documents, you can receive your first payment. We recommend that you go through this process first and only after that purchase this plugin.
Notes on this plugin
- If you have installed and use the payment method "SEPA Direct Debit" (package name: "VieCode Shop: SEPA Lastschrift Zahlungsanbindung", package identifier: "com.viecode.shop.payment.sepa"), a fatal error can occur in combination with this plugin as soon as a customer completes a payment or visits the page for listing his orders. This bug was fixed by VieCode with the release of VieCode Shop 7.2.5.
- Recurring payments where, for example, the customer's credit card is automatically charged are not currently supported. Of course, recurring payments, where the customer manually triggers a new payment process, are still possible.
Note on the activation of paysafecard in your Mollie account
Please note that paysafecard will not be listed in the Mollie dashboard among your payment methods after you have created your Mollie account. You will need to send a short email with your Mollie Partner ID and Website URL to email@example.com. The Mollie team will then send a request to paysafecard, which is usually approved within 2-3 business days. After that you can find and activate paysafecard in your Mollie dashboard under the payment methods.
- You must have an activated Mollie account and have activated the payment methods you want to use with this plugin.
- You must have at least WoltLab Suite™ Core 3.1.0 installed.
- You must have at least VieCode Shop 7.2.0 installed.
- The currency "EUR" must exist and be enabled in the VieCode Shop.
- For curl, OpenSSL (or another SSL/TLS toolkit) must be available on your web server. This should normally already be the case. However, if you want to be sure, you can upload the linked script to your web server and call it in your browser.
Installation and initial setup
You can install this plugin as normal and configure it in the same way as the payment connection settings of other VieCode plugins. When you set it up for the first time, it is recommended that you set the shop to test mode and put your Mollie Test API Key in the options for this plugin. Now try to place an order in your shop and pay it using one of Mollie's payment methods. As long as the Test API Key is set, you can try out different payment statuses on the Mollie payment page. Then check that the order status has been updated correctly. If this is the case, you can put your Mollie Live API Key in the plugin optionsand return the shop to production mode.
This might also interest you...
Integrate BitPay, the payment service provider specialized in cryptocurrencies, into your VieCode Shop to offer your customers the cryptocurrencies Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Ripple (XRP) as well as the stablecoins USD Coin (USDC), Gemini Dollar (GUSD) and Paxos Standard (PAX)!
VieCode Shop (Customer Area): "Create Customer Account" Form EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE HERE!
Integrate a "Create Customer Account" form in your VieCode Shop Customer Area. This enables new customers to enter their customer data before placing their first order. This is particularly useful for commissioned work with individual invoicing.